Tuesday, June 28, 2005

A fire in June

Is it legal to have a fire going in your fireplace in June? If not, I've broken the law.

I returned from the doctor's office... I had a very strange "wart-like thing", (that's the medical term,) on my index finger. The doctor was very nice and agreed it was a "strange thing" on my finger and that we should freeze it off.
When I left the doctor's office, it looked as though someone had pulled the curtains. Our first Midwestern rain storm!
As I was driving home, not one, not two, but four different people were looking up at the sky... I'm guessing they were trying to determine if a tornado was forming. Oh joy.
We've already taught Lilly that if she hears the tornado sirens (they test them every Friday at 11:00) she's to run to the basement. Of course we don't have a basement, yet.
Any hoo, it was so dark and dreary when I got back to the room, I decided to turn on the gas fireplace. Now granted, it is still 80 degrees outside, but it was cozy for the first 10 minutes and then it got too hot. I just thought I'd share that... it's not often one can have a fire in June!

Be sure to check back soon... I'll be taking pictures of the two houses we're considering (weather permitting) and posting them tonight. Vote on your favorite!

1 Comments:

Blogger Molly & the boys said...

hey - just sent you an email before I caught up with you all. Just wanted to say thanks for blogging!! Can't wait to vote on a house choice!
take care,
MV

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home