If the chiggers weren't bad enough...
I am still recovering from my 50 chigger bites - (thankfully the itching has stopped! I now just have scars;) and guess what happened to me? I was stung by a wasp. Normally this would not be such a big deal, except that the last time I was stung (about 10 years ago) I had a strange reaction... I basically shut down, passed out, went to sleep. So when it happened this time, I freaked out. I immediately took a Benadryl (which doesn't help one stay awake!) and put charcol on the site. I put the kids down for a nap and called my husband. Since I wasn't having any trouble breathing, I thought I'd be okay, I just took a really long nap. Well, the next day I took more Benadryl, but my leg was starting to swell ALOT and burn and itch at the same time. By Thursday night, I know I was going to the doctor the next day. My blood pressure was up, my heart was racing and I overall felt like C-R-A-P. So now five days of being on Predisone and a Epipen later, I'm starting to feel human again! What I horrible experience it's been and I hope to not be stung again... but of course, we're moving into bee season up here and it won't end until the first freeze... maybe if stung again, I'll gain super human strength like Spiderman!

2 Comments:
ok, that is HORRIBLE. sounds like a rough summer at your house (we can relate). Hope your are feeling better soon.
miss you!
Molly
You poor thing! I still have scars from chigger bites I got in 6th grade. I itched FOREVER, I don't envy you!
PS - Hi from all the Blandas!
Post a Comment
<< Home