Sunday, July 10, 2005

Sunny Indiana

I thought I would send a little sunshine to our friends in the 'sunshine state' who have been experiencing rain and wind from Dennis. We DO NOT miss the hurricanes!!!

Saturday we went to the Indiana Museum of Art and the Oldfield-Lilly House and Gardens. This was something we had not done last summer, but always wanted to.
We actually did not tour the museum, but toured the gardens and the house. Impressive!
We did eat at the museum, though. Wolfgang Puck's restaurant is there, but we ate at the cafe, which was very gourmet.
I am so sad that I did not bring my camera... It was beautiful!!! Instead, I'm sending the link to their website. I encourage you to click and view for yourself... you will be impressed with the culture Indianapolis has to offer!! www.ima-art.org

Today we went to the zoo and the White River State Park gardens. Indianapolis has an urbanized state park right downtown! It has a canal walk, 4 museums, an IMAX theater, Victory Field (where the Indians play,) the zoo, gardens and a fair amount of green space.

The zoo is very good... sort of a combination of the Florida Aquarium and Lowry Park. We wanted to see the new dolphin show. It was okay... they're still working on the script... it wasn't Sea World. But the zoo was great, with walruses, penguins and a polar bear! Lilly really wanted to see the ostrich, so I'm guessing that was her favorite. I think Rosemary was just along for the ride.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ida Marie said...

It sounds like you guys are enjoying your new home. And your weather is definitely better. I enjoy your pictures and keeping up with you guys. I can't believe Lilly will be 4!! Wow, time flies.

9:36 PM  
Blogger barefeetbilly said...

It all looks absolutely delightful. Thank you for taking us with you!

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home