Tuesday, November 29, 2005

You know it's cold when...

Hi all!

I'm sorry to have slacked off my blogging... I know its not a good excuse, but we have been busy. We had visitors for my birthday, then Thanksgiving came upon us with more visitors along w/ Lilly getting a NASTY cold/fever/double ear infection/pink eye and then she passed it on to me. (I am lying in bed in GREAT pain. My right eat has not hurt so badly since I was 7 years and I had to go to the hospital! I'm taking arithromyicen (good) and I took a guafed (bad). It (the guafed) seems to have created unbearable pressure in my ear. Nothing to do but wait for it to wear off.)
Anyway, enough about my physical condition... a word about the weather.
It has been an unseasonably warm fall, but we have gotten our fair share of cold weather. We had our first snow fall a week ago. It was beautiful, but melted by 2:00. They are calling for snow tomorrow and this weekend... driving should be interesting! My Florida license plate should give drivers a heads up that I'm not a veteran winter driver.

I had an interesting revelation last night as I was walking the dog in 30 degree weather...
You know it's cold when you're walking the dog and you get to the point where you have to take your glove off to "scoop the poop" and you actually look forward to picking it up because of the warmth it emits. Gross, I know. It's a VERY short lived feeling. As soon as "it" is "scooped", you can't wait to knot up the bag and put your glove back on.
Just something I thought I'd share :)
I have pictures to post, so stay tuned....

3 Comments:

Blogger Ida Marie said...

That may be the grossest thing that I have ever heard, and coming from YOU!! Sorry you guys are sick and looking forward to the pictures.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Molly & the boys said...

pictures of the dog poop???

9:29 PM  
Blogger Ida Marie said...

EEEEEWWWWW, Molly is right. It sounds like you have pictures of the dog poop that you are going to post. While the story was interesting, I DO NOT want to see pictures.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home